Recipes

Translate

Friday 24 February 2017

Rain in February.

   Heavy rain this morning and just 5C for most of the day, but it is nice to see grass at this time of year. Usually we have snow cover until well into March.

   Banana, peanut butter and yogurt for breakfast today, followed by coffee and a couple of special cookies (brought in by the supervisor, Christine - my, they were good!) after Gentle Fit. I didn`t leave until almost 11:00 a.m. so that was the morning well gone.

    Homemade soup for lunch but I made a loaf in the bread machine and had a big slice (what we used to call a `doorstep`) later in the afternoon. There`s nothing tastier than fresh baked bread slathered in butter! Mine also had jam. That has somewhat taken the edge off my appetite so dinner (fish and peas) will be late tonight.

   Nothing much else going on. I watched tennis from Rio de Janeiro this afternoon but soon got bored with it as there were no big names playing. Luckily I have a good book on the go.

1 comment:

  1. Odd weather, isn't it? We had thunder and lightning last night for heaven's sake!! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete