Recipes

Translate

Sunday 12 February 2017

Painting Done

    I had a sleep in this morning, not getting up until 9:00 a.m. I had stayed up late watching D.I. Banks again until midnight. Breakfast was my weekend favourite, a cheese, mushroom and green onion omelet in a croissant. During the week I am very restrained, usually only have a banana and yogurt for breakfast, but on the weekend I like to indulge myself - yesterday was sausages and a fried egg. I even have a glass of orange juice followed by coffee! 

   It has snowed all day, big fluffy flakes that quickly accumulated, and I finally went out around 4:00 p.m. to clean off the car and do a little shovelling. We must have got abut 10 cms. I will plug in the battery for the snow blower before I go to bed tonight and clear the driveway tomorrow morning.

   The painting job is done and the colour is perfect! It's called Aria Ivory by Behr, much warmer than the colour I have been using, and I think I will be using it all over the house in the future. I got two doorways done (just the trim) and plan to paint the cupboards in the laundry room another day. I will have to wait until warmer weather to do the last doorway as it is the outside door and I will need to have the door open to the elements to get it done. The paint brush is cleaned for its next use and the doors back on their hinges - a good day's work!

   Salmon and green beans for dinner tonight - a nice easy meal and one of my favourites.


My pool is under there somewhere! You can just see my footprints where I went out to the composter with some veggie scraps.

I needed to wear my mukluks to venture out today.


No comments:

Post a Comment