Recipes

Translate

Saturday 18 February 2017

Busy in the Kitchen


   Trying to force myself to get up and finish making the pickled beets. I bought the beets a week ago and they have sat in the fridge since then. Boiled them this afternoon but that's as far as I got.

Something beginning to flower.
   It has been a beautiful sunny, warm day and the snow has melted considerably. I sat outside this afternoon for quite a while pretending I was in Florida or the Algarve. I think I have got a bit of colour as my face (the only part exposed) feels quite hot. I also went for a long walk but came home with wet feet as it was quite wet and muddy underfoot. No need for gloves or a hat - first time this winter! Unfortunately the sun shining in has revealed all the dust accumulated over the winter. Guess what I will be doing tomorrow!

   Chicken casserole again (30% off chicken thighs at the store today) but this time with brussell sprouts in it - one of my favourite vegetables but I've never tried cooking them this way.

Pickled beets - done!


  

1 comment:

  1. It was a nice sunny day, wasn't it? I enjoy Brussel sprouts, but I'm the only one in the family, so they wouldn't make their way into a casserole. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete