Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Weather Complications

   Played very badly at tennis this morning (still not 100%) but Carol and I managed to eke out a win 7-5 in the tie-break. Ice rain was forecast but I managed to get home and put the car away before it got too bad. I skipped bridge class this afternoon as, by the time I had lunch, the rain was really coming down and forming ice on contact with everything.

   I had plans for the evening and really swithered whether I should go out. But I put down some salt on the path and driveway and managed to get the car out on the road. The main roads were fine but walking was quite treacherous as the sidewalks were just a sheet of ice. I saw a lot of people really struggling to get home from work.

   The talk was quite interesting (and not too long) so I was glad I made the effort to go. The room was only half full so I think a lot of people stayed home. There was tea and cookies and I managed to bring a couple home. I got home by 8:30 and had the heck of a time getting the car up the driveway - it kept slipping back down. I finally put down some more salt , backed up and took a run at it, and just barely made it up the slope. This will probably need to be repeated tomorrow! I had some soup, cheese and crackers and a minneola when I got in - a nice easy dinner!

   Time for bed. I think I will sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment