Recipes

Translate

Saturday 25 February 2017

A Day At Home

   Well, I did go out this morning for an hour - in my Spring jacket, no less, as the temp. was 10C. Did my shopping quickly and was home by 11:00 a.m. to make butternut squash soup. It has got considerably cooler since then so I think our mild spell is over.

   A big surprise this afternoon, I found some leftover Christmas cake in a cupboard. I was sure it was long gone but will try it with my tea tonight. The marzipan looks a bit dodgy.

   Just napping and reading since then, plus one tennis match from Rio. Rather one-sided so I didn't watch the whole thing. I hope tomorrow's Final is more exciting! Why they are showing this tournament when there is a Canadian in another being played in Florida, is beyond me.

   Can anyone tell me what this plant is? It's in one of the hanging baskets that is wintering indoors and is blooming like crazy - much better than it did last summer.
It has glossy leaves and has produced several clusters of flowers so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment