Recipes

Translate

Friday 1 April 2016

April Fool's Day

     Still cool despite being the first day of April, 10C was the high for the day, but some blinks of sun this afternoon. The wind was quite strong and from the north and we are expecting a few very chilly (and frosty) days this weekend. Spring is still elusive but I spotted some tiny blue flowers in a sunny corner of my garden.

   Nothing much happening here today. I did my step video routine this morning, got a book I had ordered from the library (and season 5 of "Game of Thrones", yaay!) and went to Progressive Bridge this afternoon. That was it!

   Leftover fish pie with pickled beetroot for dinner again tonight, and I will have the topping from the cheesecake cake for dessert. It is actually quite tasty without the stodgy base and I am enjoying it with a bit of cream over the top. My attempt to cut back on carbs went by the wayside today as I had cereal for breakfast and a slice of gingercake with my morning coffee. Since then has been better but I am sure my weight has crept up a bit again.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment