Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 19 April 2016

Raising Money

   The sunny days continue but not quite as warm - the wind kept the temperature down in the low teens. Nice enough for pottering in the garden but I didn't do much of that as I was out from early morning until 3:00 p.m.

    First was the RWTO Executive meeting and I got there early to set up the used book table. There were no dramatic moments in the meeting but at least there was coffee! Lunch followed - first salad then roast beef, carrots and mashed potatoes (there was horseradish today, they forgot last time). Dessert was a delicious cheesecake with raspberry coulee (I think that's what it's called, anyway it was yummy!).

    The speaker was very amusing - Frankie's Flowers - gardening anecdotes and tips. He also answered some questions we had so it was an informative and entertaining hour. I sold over 100 books ($50) but still had to bring home the large bin and two boxes full of books. Thank goodness we just collect paperbacks! I intend to ask people not to donate any books next month and we will have a sale, 3 for a dollar instead of 50 cents each, so that should reduce the collection somewhat. Some of the remaining books I intend to donate to a church that is having a bazaar to raise money for orphans overseas but I will keep a few of the better ones aside for September.

   After the big lunch I just had a light supper, a salad with lots of fresh stuff - lettuce (of course), tomato, cucumber, roasted peppers, avocado, red onion and hard boiled eggs. I made my own dressing from mustard, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and EVO oil. Then topped the whole thing with grated cheese. Quite filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment