Recipes

Translate

Thursday 21 April 2016

A New Recipe

    I had a brainwave today and googled an easy tapenade recipe as I had some  olives left over from yesterday's dinner. As well as the olives it had a few smoked oysters (the recipe called for anchovies but I had the oysters from yesterday too so used them), capers, lemon juice and olive oil. Thirty seconds in the food processor and I had a delicious dip to nibble on with tostitos and a glass of wine.

    Yesterday's dinner was Portuguese chicken and potatoes. I used the Piri-piri sauce I brought home from Portugal (a little too much as it turned out - it was quite spicy). Piri-piri chicken is a dish that originated in the Algarve and I had it a couple of times while I was there.

   I got my shingles shot this morning - at the pharmacy by 8:45 to pick it up and straight to the doctor's office for the jab. Then it was the Probus meeting, rather a tedious presentation of a trip around the world but the photos were good. After a quick lunch it was Zumba class and I am finally getting the hang of the routines. I was quite sweaty when it finished and it went by fast!

    I have the fire on tonight as it was a bit chilly in the house. Rainy and cool today and just up to 17C. I think we are in for a few rainy days - April showers!

No comments:

Post a Comment