Recipes

Translate

Thursday 14 April 2016

Soaking Up Some Rays

    I have a few days to catch up on, so here goes.

    Monday was exercise at home in the morning, bridge in the afternoon (I had terrible cards!) and dance group in the evening. Some pasta to eat up but I broke down and had a scone when I came home.

   Tuesday was tennis in the morning, bridge lessons until 2:30 then home for a nap before heading up to Markham to babysit. I left early so I could stop off at Peppertree Classics on Markham Main Street to buy some springs pants and a top. I got some nice outfits so I am all set for Spring!

   Wednesday was Fitness class in the morning (in fact, two) followed by my stint in the coffee bar. This week we are celebrating the 35th anniversary of the opening of the Senior's Centre - of course, none of us were members then - with free coffee and cake all week. So I just had to keep the coffee urn filled and the cake sliced. Easy peasy! The technician from Rogers came to fix my digital box around 4 p.m. as arranged and it was working again by 4:30 so I am back to my usual programs. It was just lucky I had things to do for the last few nights or I would have been bereft with no TV to watch. I managed to see most of the "Outlander" episode at Judy's so I can watch "Death in Paradise" tonight.

   Today was RTO Executive meeting this morning, at which I take the Minutes, followed by Zumba class this afternoon. I was home from that by 2:30 (having had more cake and coffee, must cut back on that) and after a short nap I was out in the garden clearing away some of the winter detritus from the front lawn. I filled one bin and decided to call it a day, so headed for the lounger in the back yard. The sun was lovely and warm - I think we got up into double digits this afternoon - so I relaxed there for almost an hour. It really is beginning to feel like Spring! 

   A tasty dinner tonight - broiled salmon, quinoa, and broccoli casserole with lots of cheese -yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment