Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Canada Day

   Canada is 148 years old today! I celebrated the holiday with my tennis friends at Don Mills - lots of tennis and a great lunch. It was a BBQ with various salads, fruits and several desserts. Coffee was on tap all day and plenty of cold drinks so, all in all, everyone's needs were satisfied.  The weather was perfect (low 20's) except that it was quite windy. Rain had been forecast but never materialized. There must have been at least 60 people there so we had to take turns on the courts but I had more than enough tennis. After lunch we joined in singing "Oh, Canada" so all felt very patriotic.

   Home for a nap, cut the front grass and tidied up the borders, taking advantage of the good weather. Picked some kale, parsley and lettuce from the garden and have a healthy vegetable tart in the oven. I will have it with some salad and my pickled beetroot. There's even some chocolate brownie I  brought home from the tennis club lunch so I will be well fed tonight!

Kale, onion and mushroom pie. It also had parsley and cheese. Lettuce and avocado salad with cucumber and red pepper.

I had 1/4 of the pie so I will be eating it for lunches and dinners for a while. The salad had a lemon, balsamic and olive oil dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment