Recipes

Translate

Sunday 5 July 2015

Keeping Busy

   I have done virtually nothing since coming home from tennis around 11:00 this morning. Kathy, Susan, Iona and I played three hard sets, changing partners each time, and it was getting very hot by the time we stopped. There were exactly 12 people at the courts so we didn't have to give up our court for the whole time we played. What a bonus!

   I had two dips in the pool - the water is up to 24 C (75F) and very refreshing - one after I came home from tennis and another after watering the vegetables. Then I felt refreshed enough to dig up some weeds so, gradually, I am getting the garden in shape. It helped that I was still in my wet swimsuit.

   I have a new recipe for dinner tonight - Oven Fried Chicken Breasts. They are dipped in buttermilk and then coated with a breadcrumb, flour and spices mixture. Then baked until cooked through. I also made some more scones this afternoon, to use up the buttermilk. More raspberries for dessert! I need to get the grandkids over to help me pick the rest before the birds get them.

I couldn't resist - I had a $1 off coupon - and it's delicious in this hot weather!

A nice tidy border.

Lots of green tomatoes. Soon they will be ready to pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment