Recipes

Translate

Sunday 19 July 2015

Overnight Giests

   We have had a couple of very hot days and  - wouldn't you know it? - my air conditioner was on the blink. It was just pushing out warm air, not comfortable at all! Luckily I was able to get a technician out today and he had it fixed in quick sticks. So now I am cool and humidity free.

   Elliot, Natalie and James came over yesterday for a sleep-over and they had great fun in the pool both yesterday and this morning (8:00 a.m., would you believe?). They also picked lots of raspberries (when will they end?) and made individual pizzas. I find they always eat better when they have a hand in preparing the food although they all have good appetites. We had rather a sticky night - Elliot slept in the basement which was slightly cooler - but they let me sleep until 6:15. Leftover pizza for breakfast and then they departed around 10:00 a.m. I have had a restful day since then, just a little gardening, twice in the pool and getting on with my current book.

   Dinner tonight is a baked basa fillet (Sami's recipe, lime juice and onions) and a broccoli and cauliflower casserole. I made a batch of cauliflower soup for lunch but it will now go in the freezer for later in the year when the cauliflowers are too expensive. I also dug up my garlic this afternoon - got 8 big fat bulbs which are now drying out in the garage. They smell so much better that the store bought bulb I am currently using. Raspberries for dessert (again!). And that was my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment