Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Watching My Food Intake

   As I mentioned earlier, I have been over indulging as far as food is concerned recently so have decided to try to reduce my food intake - not really dieting, that's too stringent - just being more careful. My experiment on Sunday worked out fine, except with my late evening apple I had some peanut butter (that's a yummy combination) so kind of defeated the purpose of cutting back!

   However, today I have been more careful and only transgressed once. I started the day with a small bowl of cereal and banana with milk and a glass of orange juice. After my exercise class I had a coffee and a cookie around 10:00 a.m.

   Lunch was at 1:00 p.m. and was fairly substantial. I had a bowl of homemade carrot and lentil soup with a sandwich (two slices of bread) of yogurt based cream cheese, cucumber and tomato, with some fruit to follow. Then came my transgression - 4 cubes of chocolate as I lay in bed reading!

    That was it until 5:00 p.m. when I had 4 crackers, some cheese (applewood smoked cheddar, yummy!) and a few grapes with a glass of White Zinfandel (also yummy!). Finally dinner at 7:00 p.m. was a 4oz. salmon fillet poached in milk then doused in a delicious mustard sauce with green onions. I served it with a few green beans and some sweet potato mash, probably about 1/3 of a sweet potato. I just drank water with my meal. That should hold me until bedtime but I may have a hot drink and small snack before I retire as I find it helps me sleep.

   Wednesday is my day to weigh myself and I was still 150 lbs. I will continue to keep track of my weight but I'm not expecting to lose any - just maintain a healthy weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment