Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Homemade Soup and Bread

    Over to the Senior's Centre for the "Stretch and Strength" class and coffee afterwards. The ladies told me Wednesday was Senior's Day at the garden centre so that was my next stop. I bought a couple of tomato plants, some herbs (although I forgot basil), red peppers, eggplant and kale. I will make another visit next week to pick up begonia for my hanging baskets, some more tomatoes and the basil - if I remember.

   My smoke detector was beeping last night so I bought a new battery for it. However, once installed, the smoke detector failed to pass the test. I may have to buy a new one. Luckily I have a second one installed in the upstairs hallway.

   Made some soup when I got home and got a loaf in the bread maker just before lunch. I love my bread machine! 
 
The finished product - it sank a little so I will cut back on the yeast next time.


   I dug up the vegetable garden this afternoon, added some plant food and planted most of the herbs and vegetables. Then they got a good watering and are on their way (hopefully!) to a fruitful harvest.
New plants - first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment