Recipes

Translate

Thursday 14 May 2015

Keeping On Track

     I did quite well on the food front today. Cereal, and banana for breakfast, a coffee and (small) piece of toast before I left for tennis at 9:00 a.m. Then nothing until I was at the Senior's Centre to play bridge. I took my lunch - half an apple and a croissant with cream cheese and roasted red pepper. This was around 1:00 p.m. - we eat when we are the dummy hand. Then off for a swim so I had a reasonable amount of exercise today.

   I did have 2 squares of chocolate when I got home from the pool, just needed a quick fix.  My 5:00 p.m. aperatives tonight were veggies and dip with a few whole grain crackers. Dinner will be rissoles (left over lamb roast from the freezer, chopped finely then mixed with onion, herbs and an egg, then coated in breadcrumbs and fried) along with the last of the sweet potato mash and some green beans. Frying the rissoles won't be the best way to cook them but I will use olive oil.

   Last night's late snack was yogurt and blackberries so I felt quite virtuous when I headed for bed. I wonder what tonight will bring? I have an early rise tomorrow as I have to be on the road by 7:50. I'm the monitor at the tennis club, so will want to get off to sleep fairly promptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment