Recipes

Translate

Monday 18 May 2015

Victoria Day

   Tennis this morning - it was the Don Mills Victoria Day social and the traffic was very light. I got there quite early and played three short sets before lunch. It was delicious as usual (for just $2), BBQ chicken, two kinds of salad, green and Greek, rice and a bean, corn and chickpea salad. Also pita and humus. Desserts were scrumptious, especially a chocolate brownie of which I had three pieces. There was lots left over so I hope we have it at Kaffeklatsch tomorrow.

   Did a bit of gardening this afternoon but it was so hot and humid I came in after half-an-hour to cool off. It was a two-shower day today! I am trying to tidy up the back yard before the guys come on Friday to open the pool. Not before time! I could have done with a swim today.

   Leftover stew for dinner but right now I am not in the least bit hungry. I will wait until later to eat.
Bleeding Hearts - always the first perennial to appear. I must put in another one.
 
All that's left of the climbing rose but I did spot one bud. Maybe it will come back to all its former glory!
 
Early days for the Dragon Redwing begonias. They should fill the baskets with blooms soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment