Recipes

Translate

Friday 29 September 2023

Volunteering

    Today was the Volunteer Appreciation lunch at the Seniors' Centre. I got the invitation ages ago and almost forgot to RSVP. The Centre has about 50 volunteers and almost all, along with some dignitaries from the City, attended.


   We were served a delicious lunch of chicken schnitzel, salad, roasted vegetables and pasta, followed by a yummy cake and coffee. There were gifts for all, entertainment and a raffle (didn't win anything). All the people from the dance classes were up on the dance floor, showing off their moves, the music was so catchy. I have to admit to joining in although I didn't know the steps.

    Volunteering is a big part of keeping me active in retirement and the day I spend at the Seniors' Centre is only one of several groups I volunteer with. I highly recommend that all retirees find some way in which they can contribute by giving some time each week with some form of volunteering. It's a "feel good" activity!



   

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a really lovely time - thank goodness you remembered. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been sorry to miss it!

      Delete
  2. God bless you for giving your time to others. There is such reward in doing so for both parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one I really enjoy, others not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to find some new volunteer gigs and will be looking into that over the winter.

    Sounds like it was a wonderful day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun but I was tired by the time I got home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our church volunteer team is made up mostly of retirees & they bring an abundance of energy to the team. It was certainly nice that you were recognized for all that your do for your group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first since things closed down for the pandemic.

      Delete