Recipes

Translate

Saturday 9 September 2023

Staying Close to Home

    I seem to have lost most of my readers - maybe my life is too dull to make it worthwhile to comment! No matter, I will soldier on.

   Cool and cloudy today but as I had no plans it didn't matter. Actually, I did work up a sweat working in the garden this afternoon so went for a quick dip in the pool. Too chilly to sit outside to dry off, though.

   I walked up to the mall to check out a new library book and shop at Metro. The strike that had closed it for the last week or three is finally over but the staff didn't seem to be quite back to normal. The guy on the fish counter told me he had trouble getting to work on time but he gave me a lovely marinated salmon fillet which I will have for dinner tonight.


Looks like I may get some more zucchini if the weather stays warm!



The results of all my labour. Still a bit more to clear but getting there. 

6 comments:

  1. I'M still here - just not commenting very often. I do enjoy reading your posts and hope you continue. I hope to start posting on my own blog again in a few months; still not quite ready to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep checking your blog, for some reason it doesn't come up automatically. I really enjoy hearing about your life in Belize.

      Delete
  2. What was the strike over? The marinated salmon sounds delicious and those zucchini will be huge in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I understand it, wages and benefits. I think they got improvements to both. The salmon was a bit spicier than I expected (I did ask!)

      Delete
  3. I'm still here too! Summer is often the time when blog posts become infrequent and readers drop off too - probably having holidays and school holidays makes time very short for a lot of people. My courgette seems to have thrown up far too many non-fruiting flowers this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's interesting about your zucchini plants. I've been surprised how many flowers have actually produced fruit.

    ReplyDelete