Recipes

Translate

Friday 8 September 2023

Tuesday to Thursday

    The heat continued through Tuesday and Wednesday - 30C, felt like 38C! At the tennis courts on Tuesday I only managed one set but spent some time socializing. Bridge in the afternoon was in air-conditioned comfort and, for the first time in three years, we played without masks, such a relief for me but a few kept theirs on. Some of us brought our school bells as it was the first day back to school, and we rang them to celebrate NOT having to be at work and in support of our still working colleagues! For dinner I had a leftover hamburger and some of Judy's salads.

   Wednesday continued hot and, even though it is air-conditioned, the seniors' centre was pretty steamy for the fitness class. I only worked in the kitchen for two hours as most of the afternoon classes are over and was home in time for a late lunch - tomatoes again! Dinner was a sausage casserole I made on the weekend plus the last of Judy's salads!



The bean salad was augmented with (guess what) tomatoes, of course. I had the last of the wine we opened on Monday. So all leftovers consumed and on to something fresh tomorrow. 

   Thursday was considerably cooler, more seasonal which was quite a relief and made for more comfortable sleeping. Although I use the A/C when it is very hot, it never seems to cool the upstairs too well. I had a Zoom meeting in the morning and Book club in the afternoon. We had an extremely lively discussion of this month's book, "Mad Honey" by Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Finney Boylen. Highly recommended!

1 comment: