Recipes

Translate

Monday 11 September 2023

Never a Dull Moment

 Today wasn't supposed to be busy but, as happens, things came up to keep me on my toes.

   First off, even before breakfast, I got some ironing done and worked out with my Step video for almost an hour. I have been using this same tape once or twice a week for nigh on twenty years and it still works as does my ancient VCR! I am very glad I hung on to it after I got my DVD player. 



   It's a pretty complete workout with an aerobic section, upper and lower body "sculpting", abdominals and weights. I usually add a couple of stretches at the end to give me a better cool down.

   By the time I had cleaned up after breakfast and fielded a couple of phone calls it was almost time to get ready for my Bridge game so I packed a light lunch to eat at the break. We had some very interesting hands today but my partner and I were on the losing end in all but one rubber. Luckily no money was on the line and we had a few laughs.

   I had a call from a previous colleague who has just recently retired and we have arranged to attend the New Retirees Brunch together, this month. I will be giving a presentation on some of the activities I am involved with so we will drive there together. It will be great to catch up with her and get all the gossip!

     After all that excitement, a quiet evening in front of the TV is called for. Surely I will be able to find something worth watching.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very active day indeed. I hope you found something you could relax to. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched a good mystery on Acorn TV but my ten day trial is now over so I will have to resort to something else tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, good for you! I used to have a couple of Step videos that I did. One was Cher's step video! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another one but it doesn't give such a complete workout. I'm keeping it as a spare when this one eventually self destructs!

      Delete
  3. Hope you & your newly retired friend enjoyed the brunch together. Those old VCR tapes are golden - I bet you were glad to have especially during lockdowns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just surprised the tape and the machine have held up so long!

      Delete