Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 13 September 2023

Surprise Visitors

    I was greeted by this sight when I opened the blinds in my bedroom this morning.


   I suspect it's a family on its way south and taking a break - no food in this patch of water which is probably why they didn't hang around long. However, one of them left me a nasty deposit on the pool deck. Not in the water fortunately as far as I could tell!



   The bees are loving my sedum patch - there were dozens of them buzzing back and forth while I was weeding the border. They were so busy they paid absolutely no attention to me, for which I was very grateful. I have had two wasp stings in the last few days, not fun!

4 comments:

  1. Bees will ignore you - wasps seek you out, nasty critters that they are. And ducks are always gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having interactions with wild life as long as they are friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It was fun to watch them but they didn't stay long.

      Delete