Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 20 September 2023

A Little Adventure

    Since I wasn't needed at the Seniors' Centre today (or next Wednesday for that matter) I decided to join the Nordic Pole Walkers for an hour. The designated walk was beautiful - a part of the Great Lakes Waterfront path - with amazing views of the lake, lots of greenery and wildlife and just an overall feeling of peace with nature.

    There were lots of other walkers and bikers on the path but not so many that it felt congested. Everyone nods and says "HI" as they pass, all of a like mind as far as exercise and enjoying the outdoors goes. It's amazing, once one gets out there, to realize the benefits of sharing an activity with others.

    We stopped by "Mr. Beans" for a coffee and (in my case) a butter tart after the walk. I needed the sugar to replace the energy I had used up. I think most of the others were good and abstained! A thoroughly enjoyable morning but now I am pretty much pooped!

4 comments:

  1. I need to get my poles out again. I mostly use them in the winter so as to give me a bit more stability when walking on what could turn out to be ice.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do give support if you are a bit wobbly!

      Delete
  2. Nothing better than a good walk in fresh air and beautiful surroundings - except when followed by coffee and a butter tart. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a gorgeous day - and the coffee and treat were yummy!

    ReplyDelete