Recipes

Translate

Sunday 17 September 2023

Wasps!

    The wasps have been particularly annoying this year. There must be a nest somewhere in my back yard as they arrive literally seconds after I go outside with food.

   I have had to retreat indoors with my lunch on several occasions. Yesterday one landed in my glass of wine and I didn't notice until I had taken a swig. Luckily I felt it before it stung me. I fished it out with my finger and it staggered around for a bit, then eventually flew off. None the worse for its dunking obviously. Also, obviously, I finished the glass of wine. Waste not, want not again!

8 comments:

  1. The wasps are bad here as well. I go out to water my plants and they are dive bombing at my head. One followed me into the house a day before we went on vacation. I finally got it out the door between lots of yelling for Harvey to help.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend gave me a couple of tips - one involved a dog flea collar and the other was honey in a glass where they get trapped. Seemed rather cruel to me.

      Delete
  2. Cheeky buggers. I hope it appreciated the wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it did. I certainly didn't appreciate its presence in the wine!

      Delete
  3. I do find that the fake paper wasp nest does work. I believe you can still get some at Home Hardware. I couldn't find any in Dollarama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that. Must give it a try if I can find one.

      Delete
  4. They were bad at my other house too, could not sit outside without their company.

    ReplyDelete