Recipes

Translate

Friday 1 September 2023

The Tail End of Summer

    So much for blogging every day! The days seem to flash past and by the time I settle down in the evening to check e-mails and read other blogs, I have lost the notion for composing an entry.

   Now that the summer holidays are over and kids will be back in school next week, we can expect some changes. The one that affects me most is increased traffic on the roads. Today I sailed down to the tennis club in about 15 mins., next week it will take me at least double that. I have also noticed it is getting dark by 8:30, another sign of the waning summer days.

    The weather has not changed much and the next few days are supposed to be hot and steamy - something to do with the arctic vortex changing direction. I will enjoy it while it lasts! I am still getting in the pool most days although it is a tad chilly now as there are less hours of sunlight to heat it up. Meanwhile we have a long weekend coming up as Monday is Labour Day so I have lots of plans. 

   So pretty, too bad it only lasts a day or two.



   The latest haul from the garden. I will have to get these tomatoes prepped for the freezer as there are still more coming! They are all ripening at the same time. Mostly I eat the grape tomatoes as is and the big ones go into tomato sauce for pasta or chili, but I do love a big fat tomato sandwich for lunch!

7 comments:

  1. That is a lovely rose. If you cut it and put it in water, would it last longer? Our days are getting longer. It is still light at 5.30pm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that and it did last a few days. Gone now however.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful coloured rose, it is a pity they don't last. It has been a bit chilly these past couple of mornings. Looking forward to the weekend for a number of reasons. The days are going to be busy, but I will be a lot happier when I can slow down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was certainly more seasonal. Last blast of summer, I hope!

      Delete
  3. Driving through town has been lovely through the summer. No school runs make such a big difference. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, for the days when the kids all walked to school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful rose. I hope you are enjoying your pool during this 40+ heatwave :)

    ReplyDelete