Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 19 September 2023

Ladies Who Lunch

    Today was the monthly lunch for the Retired Women Teachers Organization I belong to and a good time was had by all. This is as much an excuse to get together as an actual dining experience!

   We met at the local country club and had the dining room to ourselves. Normally there are curling leagues going on but they haven't started yet for the winter session. There is usually a speaker or other entertainment but today there was just a silent auction and a 50/50 draw. I managed to score a box of truffles!

   However, since this was the first lunch since the summer break, there was lots to catch up on with new and old friends. Salad, BBQ chicken and rhubarb pie with ice cream was served so no need for a meal tonight. I will just have my go-to snack of a BLT (still trying to keep up with the mountain of tomatoes).



It's just gone 6:00 p.m. and the sun is already behind the houses to the west of me. The nights are really drawing in!

8 comments:

  1. Humm, a BLT as a snack.... I always treat the ones I make as a full meal, but then I use 4 slices of bacon, at least 3 slices of tomato and two or three leaves of lettuce. And then at least two toothpicks to hold everything together, usually unsuccessfully. I only eat them in the summer with good garden tomatoes, won't waste the effort and the bacon with the ugly pink ones from the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the tomatoes! I have to admit it was a proper meal but a small one. It was actually a BOLT as I added a layer of sliced red onion. Delicious!

      Delete
  2. It's always good to have a reason (excuse) for a good old get together, isn't it? It sounds lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next month there is a Craft Show before the lunch so that should be fun too.

      Delete
  3. I did a search for any retired women teachers chapters up where I live and the one I would join (due to where I live and taught) seems very small and not very active. As well, I think it is more for women who have been retired for about 20 years (by looking at the picture). Too bad. Yours sounds more lively. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both our groups (RTO and RWTO) have a mix of ages but we are finding the younger retirees are reluctant to join as they have so many other activities to pursue.

      Delete
  4. My quilting guild is a get together for me every month, chat about our projects and problems, both quilty (is that a word) and world issues that need to be solved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much more interesting to get together with a group of like minded souls, isn't it?

      Delete