Recipes

Translate

Sunday 10 September 2023

Not Much on the Agenda

    The day started with meeting up with my three tennis friends at the courts. We played almost the whole two hours we had booked except for breaks to chat and catch our breath. Three sets, rotating partners after each set so we all played at least once with each other.

   I was home by 11:00 a.m. and had a quick swim followed by the rest of my breakfast - coffee and toast. The rest of the morning was spent working through the Sunday newspapers. I did a bit of gardening before lunch, just cutting back the raspberry stalks, and got another bin filled. Unfortunately, this exposed a number of stubborn weeds which I will have to tackle at some point! I got a loaf started in the bread machine after lunch then headed up for a nap.

    Later I picked the very last rhubarb stalks and made a jar of chutney with them and some mango. By then the bread was ready. The rest of the afternoon was spent watching the men's final at the U.S. Open. Not a particularly close match as it as it was a "best of five match" and was over after three sets. 

   Dinner was a casserole from the freezer but I had some tomato bruschetta first (still trying to use up those pesky tomatoes). Then I made a Greek salad to accompany the casserole, easy, tasty and healthy!




2 comments:

  1. I feel like I need a day time nap after lunch with this heat we are experiencing over here. We have a lively four year old to look after today so the chances of one will be nil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I babysat my youngest grandson (many moons ago) I tried to persuade him to nap so I could also do so. It only worked about half of the time!

    ReplyDelete