Recipes

Translate

Saturday 16 September 2023

Never a Dull Moment on My Street

    Another sunny mild day, temps in the low 20's. A huge white stretch limo was parked outside my house this morning. I ran to get my camera but by the time I found it and got myself decent to go outside, it was gone. I think there may have been a wedding on my street but not anyone I know. Great excitement!

   I walked up to the mall later in the morning (5,000 steps) to pick up the next Book Club book from the library. It's "The Wish" by Nicholas Sparks. I see he has had several of his books made into movies, the most memorable being "The Notebook", a real tear jerker.

   On the way home snapped this perennial in all its Autumn glory. No idea what it is but I'm sure someone will enlighten me.


   The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. This afternoon I baked a zucchini loaf, the zucchinis just keep coming! I will use the rest to make zucchini fritters for dinner.

7 comments:

  1. Pretty flowers but no idea what they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this time of year for the mix of different colours, especially when the leaves start to turn.

      Delete
  2. I love courgette fritters, they are delicious, specially when jazzed up a bit with spice and cheese. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a good suggestion! Will try it next time.

      Delete
  3. I used to love reading Nicholas Sparks but he was popping out so many books that I felt he was just more about numbers rather than content.. they all seemed about the same to me. So, I moved on. His 'The Notebook' was by far his best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first I have read although I did see the movie.

      Delete
  4. I believe that is a Japanese Anemone. Gorgeous flowers.
    Lily in London, Ont.

    ReplyDelete