Recipes

Translate

Thursday 21 December 2017

Winter Solstice

   Supposedly the shortest day of the year but it will be a few days (or even into January) before we notice a difference. The sun (although we didn't see even a hint of it today) rose at 7:49 a.m. and set at 4:44 p.m. today. It wasn't too cold, hovering just below zero for most of the day. I walked up to the mall and back and didn't feel too cold - I was well bundled up!

    I had set aside today and tomorrow to get the house clean and tidy for the visitors on Monday and made a good start this morning. I sort of ran out of steam this afternoon but accomplished almost everything I wanted to do. However, I got a surprise invitation to play tennis tomorrow so will have to buckle down on the weekend. Not that anyone will notice but I did get rid of a huge number of cobwebs and at least I will know it's cleaner than before.

   I have a basa fillet defrosting for dinner - I'm trying to eat lighter for the next few days as I know I will be overeating come next week. Unfortunately I gave in and had a coffee and piece of cherry cake this afternoon when I got home from my walk - it's been ages since I succumbed to snacking between lunch and dinner. Naughty me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment