Recipes

Translate

Thursday 28 December 2017

A Misadventure

   A not so funny thing happened on Christmas Day. While I was dashing around getting lunch on the table for my guests I was stung by a wasp. I think it came out of some packaging we had just opened and was crawling on the floor - didn't realize what it was so bent to pick it up. Bad move! It didn't hurt for long and I had forgotten about it the next day, but on day three my finger was swollen, hot and throbbing so I guess it got infected. It's a lot better today, thank goodness. The wasp was a big sucker and met an untimely death at my hand after delivering the sting. 

   Still extremely cold - only got up to minus 13C today - and it will be the same all next week. Poor weather for all the New Years revellers. I will just stay indoors. Today I drove to the mall - too cold to walk and luckily my car started - and got a new library book and a haircut. My hairdresser will be away until the end of January so I thought I should see her before she goes. I have a jigsaw puzzle on the go, knitting to do and lots to read so no problem keeping busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment