Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 26 December 2017

Boxing Day

   Beastly cold day today - in the minus double digits and the wind chill clocked in at minus 20-something Brrr!

   First job this morning was to get the capon carcass boiling down all its meaty goodness, then a handful of barley thrown in. I had forgotten to buy a turnip for the soup so a quick run to the store was required. More veg added and it was ready for lunch, delicious and warming on such a cold day. Meanwhile, here are some photos from yesterday's festivities.

My pretty Christmas mantel.
Grandkids busy with their presents
   I have made a serious dent in the chocolate reserves (Judy brought me another box yesterday), there's still some opened bottles of wine in the fridge and lots of tasty leftovers so I am a happy camper! I'll even have some plum pudding later tonight!

Ready to tuck in to the starters.






2 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful time of year! Maybe too many treats sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete