Recipes

Translate

Friday 8 December 2017

Nothing Wasted

   Cold today with a strong wind and it's going to get progressively colder in the next few days. This is unusual for December but at least we have no accumulation of snow yet. I have lit the fire in the family room for the last few evenings so it is quite cozy indoors.

   Just my usual Friday fitness class but I did hang around over coffee at the Senior's Centre for most of the morning. When I got home I had a sudden burst of energy, wrote all my overseas Christmas cards, walked down to the post office and got them in the mail before lunch. I hope they arrive in time. Total cost of postage, $27! Luckily the cards were free as several charities sent them out last year as a promotion. I still have enough left for another year or two.

   The last of the cauliflower soup for lunch and leftover fish for dinner. I love to see an empty fridge by the end of the week, it means I haven't wasted anything. I do have a cucumber left and it's looking a bit soft - wonder if I can make cucumber soup? Other than that everything perishable will be gone before I shop again.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment