Recipes

Translate

Friday 22 December 2017

Heavy Weather and Other Problems

   The problems weren't mine but the weather did affect me. I was up and out by 8:30 to clear the driveway of about 5 cms. of snow. It was quite light and fluffy so no big effort required. In again at 9:00 for coffee and breakfast, then off to my tennis game.

   The roads were only partially cleared as it was still snowing and blowing but I made it safely. I had allowed myself a little extra time just in case of problems. However, we had barely got started on the court when one of our number had to leave (sick family member). We played with three for a while but eventually picked up a fourth (thank goodness for cell phones!) and played until nearly noon. 

   A bit more shovelling when I got home and I will safely be able to get in and out of my driveway tomorrow, unless there is more of the white stuff. I had a long nap - all the fresh air and exercise, I guess - and pottered around doing a bit of housework. The house is now presentable enough and most of the cobwebs are gone but I will continue tomorrow and Sunday if the notion takes me. Hope I manage to sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment