Recipes

Translate

Saturday 23 December 2017

Two More Sleeps

    I was "up and at 'em" this morning as I wanted to beat the crowds on the roads and at the grocery store. I had a load of laundry in by 7:15, breakfast and dressed by 8:00 and out of the house by 10 after. It was still snowing and the roads were a bit slippery but I took my time.

   The parking lot and store were quite empty so I got around lickety split. Unfortunately, I had left my list at home but managed to remember most of it. Next stop was the butchers for the capon I had ordered. It was a bit bigger than I wanted and came in at $50! But we will eat most of it on Monday and leftovers for me for the rest of the week. Nothing will be wasted including the carcass!

   After a quick coffee at home I was out again for the few things I had forgotten and a quick stop at the Pharmacy (my blood pressure was only a bit elevated which is a wonder with all the rushing around). It was still snowing so I left the shovelling until after lunch and my nap. Keeping fingers crossed that we don't get any more snow until later in the week as I could do without any more shovelling for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment