Recipes

Translate

Monday 25 December 2017

Christmas Day

   Food is cleared away, dishes are done (mostly) and I am so stuffed I don't think I'll be eating again until tomorrow. Everything went well - nothing over- or undercooked and no catastrophes. Even the flaming plum pudding was well received.

    I have a ton of food left so will just be reheating meals for the rest of the week. The family (four adults, three kids and a dog) stayed until 5:30 and we had games and a movie after the meal. Everyone pitched in, even the kids, and the cleanup was done lickety split. Dave even finished shovelling my driveway as I had to stop half way down to get started in the kitchen. We had about 5cms. of snow overnight and I was out at the crack of dawn (literally, I saw the sun come up) with the shovel.

   Now I am whacked and ready for bed but it's only 6:30 so I will try to keep my eyes open for another hour or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment