Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 20 December 2017

A New Gadget

   I treated myself to an early Christmas present today - an avocado slicer! I had seen it advertised on TV and, as luck would have it, Kitchen Stuff Plus carries them. I tried it out this evening and it worked a treat, so there may be one (or two) under the tree for certain someones!

The round end is for removing the pit and the other end acts like an egg slicer.
   I had a few things to pick up this morning and, apart from my grocery shop on Saturday, I think I am ready for Christmas. Of course, there are always some last minute essential items that I forget but I have left myself one day (Sunday) for emergency shopping!

   It was very quiet at the Senior's Centre today and only a few were needing coffee, pies etc. However, the Euchre group was having a little pot luck party and I was invited to join in. So, between pouring coffee and tea and heating pies, I picked at some delicious munchies. I really didn't need to have brought my own lunch but I ate it all anyway. Now just a light dinner, probably the spring rolls I brought home from my Festive Special meal last night. Another treat, I stopped in at Swiss Chalet after being at a late afternoon movie - "Ladybird" which I thoroughly enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment