Recipes

Translate

Monday 18 December 2017

One Last Evening Outing

   It was off to Swiss Chalet for me last night to meet the family (8 in all) for the Festive Special. This has become a yearly treat for us all in the days leading up to Christmas. I was home just before 8:00 p.m. well fed and stuffed with Lindt truffles, their sweet offering at the end of the meal.

   Today I made an effort to shed some of the pounds from all the overeating by exercising in my basement for an hour - not all cardio, also stretching and strength training. Then off to Bridge and more indulgences! Marie brought mini meringues and fruit cake, Diane brought almond and jam tarts and I brought lavender shortbread. Never mind, tomorrow I will play tennis for two hours!

  We actually managed to get some milder weather today with a high of 4C but it snowed quite a bit first thing then turned to rain. I did a bit of shovelling before I went out and again when I got home - hope it doesn't freeze overnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment