Recipes

Translate

Sunday 24 December 2017

Oh So Busy

   Barely put my nose out of doors today but the capon is cooked, dissected and ready for reheating tomorrow, the gravy and stuffing are made and in the fridge, and one side dish (sweet potato and carrot mash) is done too. So all I need to do tomorrow is prepare snacks (Steve and Alison will bring them), cook shrimp for our first course and make up a platter with them, smoked mackeral and smoked salmon, roast potatoes, and reheat everything I made today. Doesn't sound like too much, does it? But I will be in a tizzy nevertheless, especially as I will have a glass (or two) of sherry on the go! Judy and Alison are bringing another side dish each so, hopefully, there will be room in the oven to reheat them too.  All this effort to feed 8 of us. How do people manage who have big families to feed and entertain. I would go bananas!

   I had a surprise visitor yesterday - one of the kids from the house across the street with a gift for me. We don't usually exchange gifts on the street but this particular family have done so in the past. It was a big box of chocolate truffles and they are delicious! I will have to ration myself.

   I forgot a couple of other things on my "to-do" list for tomorrow - heat cranberry sauce (from a can), heat the plum pudding (the one I let boil dry last month, hope it tastes OK), heat custard and make a pot of coffee. And I definitely must remember to clean the downstairs bathroom before anyone arrives, as I'm sure it will be well used!

No comments:

Post a Comment