Luckily the grocery stores were open despite it being a holiday so, after several attempts, I did find one that had some of my favourite brand of pectin left. I also needed sugar and a couple of lemons so that went on my grocery list too.
After bridge I got all the ingredients for jam ready and scalded some jars. The strawberries were so big it didn't take long to prepare the fruit. Once I got the mixture boiling away a problem that I'd never experienced before developed, the mixture was about to boil over! I was using the same pan as usual and the same quantities so I have no idea why it occurred. However, I managed to control it by removing the pan intermittently from the heat. Once it had cooled down a bit I got the jars filled and sealed - first batch done!
Still can't load photos here but I have put one on Facebook.