Recipes

Translate

Sunday 9 July 2017

A New Book and a Quick Dinner

    A few raindrops this morning but I decided not to go to tennis as the skies were pretty dark. It didn`t actually rain but by then I had gone on to do other things. The morning seemed to go in pretty fast and I had a short nap this afternoon before finishing some gardening. The borders are looking so much better and I cut back a bush that was threatening to squeeze out the beebalm, which has grown very tall. There`s another that needs the same treatment.

    I spent quite a bit of time today reading a new library book. It has the unlikely name of `Dr. Edith Vane and the Hares of Crawley Hall` by Suzette Mayr. Like its title it is a rather quirky story but I think I am going to like it.

   I had crudites for my early evening snack (red and orange peppers, cucumber, broccoli and some pita) then used the leftover dip to prepare my dinner. I had some leftover salmon which I flaked into the sauce, added frozen peas, stirred and sprinkled it all with grated parmesan and warmed it in the toaster oven. It literally took 3 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to heat up and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment