Recipes

Translate

Sunday 9 June 2013

The Quiet Life

   I am having a quiet day at home today after a late night - out dancing my feet off at the White Heather Ball - got home after midnight, very unusual for me. Then had trouble unwinding and heard the birds beginning to chirp before I finally fell asleep!

   As a result of the late night  I slept in until 10:00 a.m., also unusual for me, and sprang from bed (well, not literally, as my feet were still sore) because the men's final at the French Open was already underway. I watched the last two exciting sets (Nadal won, not unexpectedly) and then a replay of the Women's Final from Saturday which I had missed.  I finally got dressed around 12:30, did some light housework, then went back to bed for a nap. Talk about the easy life!

   This afternoon has been easy too. I picked some more rhubarb and used it in a cake which I will now have to try to stuff into my already overcrowded freezer, but will try a slice first. I had a very lucky buy yesterday at a Bake Sale. I had spotted a yummy looking Key Lime cheesecake, but decided it was too expensive at $12.00 However, just as I was leaving, all baked goods were reduced to half price and it was still unsold, so I grabbed it joyfully as I knew it was a real steal at $6.00. It is also in my freezer for the next time I have company. Plus the proceeds from the bake sale were going to charity which made it doubly blessed.

   Cut the front grass later in the afternoon then retired to the lounger to relax with a glass of juice (not really) and my favourite cheese and chutney on crackers. Dinner is in the crock pot and will be ready whenever I decide to eat. Such is life, my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment