Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 18 June 2013

More Garden Stuff

   Today's post is all about my garden. Firstly, my small patch of rhubarb yielded 1 kg of fruit, enough to make a batch of rhubarb and ginger jam. It turned out really well but next time I might cut back on the ginger slightly. The recipe I used called for root ginger and stem or crystallised ginger (I used stem ginger). I think the root ginger, which I grated,  was a bit too much. There is still lots of rhubarb left, enough to make some strawberry and rhubarb jam and maybe a pie or crumble.





   Next, here are some more photos of peonies and roses, this time a climbing rose that flowers profusely and over several weeks. The peony is a pale pink and flowers just a bit later than the red one. It also lasts a bit longer as the buds open in stages.






   I roasted a whole chicken on Sunday and am still eating the leftovers. Yesterday I had a chicken salad as I was going out to a "Coronation Celebration" (anniversary of Queen Elizabeth's coronation in 1953)  All the dances had some connection to the Queen or Royal Family. Then we had sandwiches and sweet treats.

   Today is chicken and rice - both leftovers but gussied up with an interesting sauce. I think I will use a balsamic vinegar and fig sauce called "Memories of Tuscany". Hope it reminds me of my trip to Italy.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment