Recipes

Translate

Thursday 20 June 2013

A Busy Thursday

   There has been so much rain recently that the garden has been growing like crazy and requires a big cleanup. So no time for photos. Yesterday I managed to cut the back grass which had been quite waterlogged for several days. Today I tidied up a couple of borders and there are weeds everywhere that need pulled.

   Thursday is tennis morning at my local courts. Not many turned up, 7 in total, so I will have to contact some of the regulars that have dropped off. Cathy and I played singles for a while, stopped for coffee then got a third to play Australian singles - slightly less tiring. One of our regulars is injured and another couple are on a trip until the end of July.

   I was in the pool twice today, once after cleaning it (all hot and sweaty so felt refreshed in the cool water) and once later in the afternoon when it was much warmer. It is looking great. I hope I can avoid the algae of last summer.

   I have started a new book today, "The Daughters of Mars" by Thomas Keneally. It's about Australian nurses sent overseas during the Great War (1914-1918). It is a good read so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment