Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Out at a Movie

   I went downtown to a funny movie this afternoon, one that had been recommended by a friend. It is called "The Angels' Share" and refers to the small amount of whiskey that evaporates from a cask before it is bottled. As you can imagine, it's about some Scottish tearaways who steal some very rare whiskey and all their adventures in the process. An afternoon well spent and it only cost $5! I went by subway - very convenient but busy on the way home as it was rush hour. Thank goodness I don't have to do that on a regular basis.

   Still hot and humid. We managed an hour of tennis this morning, once the rain stopped and we got the court dried, but not many people showed up.

   I picked up half-price sushi for dinner on my way home, salmon, delicious. However, I am quite addicted to soya sauce, for dipping, so will have to watch my sodium intake for the rest of the day. I picked a couple of leaves of the Swiss Chard to put in my lunch sandwich and I'm sure it's the first of many pickings - it's looking very healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment