Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 30 April 2013

My Go-to Soup and a good salad

   Two or three times a week I whip up this, so-easy soup that is full of nutrition, and James likes it too!

Carrot Lentil Soup

1 large or two small carrots, peeled and grated
1 celery stick, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 tbspn. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup lentils
1 tspn. each turmeric and curry powder
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
salt and pepper, to taste

Brown onion in olive oil until softened, add celery, carrots, lentils, turmeric and curry powder. Stir until coated with oil and cook 5 minutes. Add stock and adjust seasoning. Cook for 40 mins. or until all vegetables are tender and lentils are cooked.

   I just treated myself to a delicious small salad while my leftover roast chicken and veggies is heating up. The salad is so easy - half a leftover, overripe avocado, in chunks, small cubes of cucumber and half a dozen small shrimp,  which I took from the freezer twenty minutes ago and chopped into three pieces each, all on a bed of lettuce. The dressing was easy too - some lemon juice, a squirt of mustard and balsamic vinegar, and the oil that the sundried tomatoes were stored in, whisked together. You could use EVO oil. Then toss everything in a bowl (I used the bowl I mixed the dressing in). Try to keep everything roughly the same size for a nice presentation. Oh, and I added some goat cheese because the very ripe avocado and the goat cheese had much the same texture. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment