Recipes

Translate

Sunday 7 April 2013

Sunday Dancing

   A lovely day today, really the first that truly felt like Spring. The temperature was already 12C when I checked this morning and proceeded to rise all afternoon, to 16C. We had a rain shower in the morning but the skies cleared around noon. It's overcast now and more rain is forecast this week, but that will just get things growing.
   
   This afternoon was "Shiftin' Bobbins" celebration of the 90th Anniversary of the founding of RSCDS (Royal Scottish Country Dance Society). A Tea Dance was held and we have been practising the dances all week. Some were fairly straightforward but there were a couple of tricky ones. Luckily I had helpful partners and managed to acquit myself adequately!  My favourites were "Bratach Bana" and "McLeod's Fancy", both lively reels. We also danced a new strathspey which one of the group had devised, called "Ladies of Berkau" which is a beautiful dance with an original tune.

   Everyone brought snacks so we had a nice feed at the interval, sweet and savoury; sandwiches, cheese and crackers, scones, bars and cookies. Dancing certainly gives one an appetite!  Of course, I overdid the nibbling.  In fact, I still wasn't hungry when I got home around 5:00, so just had some fruit and yoghurt for dinner. Hope that holds me until breakfast tomorrow!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment