Recipes

Translate

Thursday 11 April 2013

Snow in April

taken April 11th.
   The unthinkable happened this morning - snow, and not just a few flakes! It started out as rain, then became freezing rain. By the time I was heading out to work (luckily fairly close) it was a combination of hail and snow, quite crunchy underfoot but becoming mushy in places. It snowed pretty well all morning, much to the excitement of the kids, but had pretty well turned to rain by the time I set out for my afternoon assignment.

   By now (2C) it is only lying on the grass and boulevards. The roads are reasonably clear so driving isn't a problem. I am sure by tomorrow it will be all gone.

    I am headed out for a cooking demonstration in an hour ("Everything's Better With Bacon" - sounds yummy), but will have a bite to eat (and a glass of wine) before I go in case they don't feed us till quite late. I never have much bacon in the house but, if I knew some new and original ways to use it, I might indulge occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment