Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 24 April 2013

A Dreary Day

   It has rained pretty well all day and curtailed our activities - no park or strolls to the shops. We did manage to the play group where James reached a new level of participation by requesting his favourite song and doing all the actions  for "Shake your wiggles out". Unfortunately this tired him out so much he fell asleep while I prepared lunch. We went ahead with lunch (one of his favourites, sausages) with little hope of getting him to sleep again. Nothing daunted, I had him upstairs by 1:15 and he surprised me by falling asleep after 2 stories and a song. A successful afternoon!

   The tax return turned out as I expected with a hefty sum to pay the government. This result came from a combination of factors. Hopefully, this is a one time occurrence and next year I will be back to paying just a small sum at tax time. Luckily I have been putting aside enough to cover the bill.

  I am about to try out a new recipe tonight - or rather, a combination of recipes to use up ingredients that are about to expire. It's a fish pie, made with coconut milk left over from last week's curried chicken, which I will cover with a mashed potato and goat cheese topping  broiled to toasty goodness. I'll throw in some vegetables just to keep me well nourished!

No comments:

Post a Comment