Recipes

Translate

Thursday 25 April 2013

A Day Out

   A sunny day and getting warmer, but I spent it indoors at the Scarborough Golf and Country Club. The event was RTO's annual lunch and travelogue. It started with a glass of wine and conversation, followed by roast chicken and a very yummy chocolate mousse cake. Coffee was on the table as the room was prepared for the travelogue - a visit to Germany - the lights were dimmed and we sat back to be transported to the Bavarian countryside.

   The presenter was knowledgeable and entertaining as we "virtually" visited the many cities and towns that line the rivers of this interesting country. The antiquity of some of the buildings surprised me; the Baroque period was well represented as were the Middle Ages with many timbered buildings that have either been preserved in their original state or. accurately reconstructed. My favourite was a castle built by one of the Prussian princes to resemble Versailles in France.

   No housework achieved today, as I needed a nap when I got home. Also, no need to cook dinner as I am sure I will still be stuffed from lunch! I will potter in the garden for an hour or two but mostly just admiring the new growth and other signs of Spring. I love these little tulips, which still have to open completely, as they are usually the first tulips to appear, probably because they are in a warm, sunny spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment