Recipes

Translate

Monday 29 April 2013

News of the Day

   A dreary drizzly day. James is sick so I have the day to myself. Hopped on my bike between rain showers to get my tax return in the mail. Put up a poster at the tennis courts regarding the Thursday social (weather permitting!) and had a guy in to paint the upstairs landing which was peeling badly - it now looks great and there is a ton of paint left for me to freshen up the rest of the door trims and woodwork around the house. Much accomplished!!

   I am reading a great detective mystery at the moment and can barely put it down. It's "A Question of Identity" by Susan Hill. I had to return "Cloud Atlas" unfinished for the second time as it was due back. I'm barely a third of the way through it but want to read it before I buy the movie. It was so hard to follow that I'm hoping reading the book will help clarify some of the confusions I had.

   Monday dance group tonight and, I guess, more discussion about whether to postpone or continue with the Christmas Dance. I have changed my opinion, based on last week's discussion, as I feel if we postpone it this year, it will never happen, then we would lose the deposit. Better to hold it and suffer a small loss than be out $500. I will try to bring others round to my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment