Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 9 April 2013

April Showers.....

.......bring May flowers. It's not May yet but the flowers are appearing. We had a humungous storm last night as I was returning from my Monday night dance group. In fact the storm started with a huge clap of thunder in the middle of the last dance, the lights went out and the alarm went off, scaring us all to death!

   I drove home in torrential rain with the wipers going furiously, and lightning bouncing all around. The spray from the trucks on the highway was like being dunked underwater but I made it home in one piece.

   However, the upside is that the grass and borders got a good drink and should show results if we have a few warm days. Haven't had to cut the grass yet but will have to start raking it shortly, now that the snow is all gone. These little blue flowers seem to have sprung up overnight but you can see in the background the daffodils are still a ways from blooming. I wish I knew their name as I can't remember planting them. Maybe the squirrels again?

No comments:

Post a Comment